Well we had our first fire..... I guess??!! Story is: Over time we have collected a small pile of wood from trimming our apple tree and tearing apart an arbor in our yard. Mind you, it was all wood, and not too much. Laura & Zane were here visiting and we thought, "Hey lets get rid of that wood pile, roast some marshmallows, make smores, and sing Kum Ba Ya. Okay! Fun!" So Paul got out the newspaper, no gas involved, and started the fire. I prepared a tray of malllows, peanut butter, and fudge-striped cookies. Mmmmm, yummy smores. No sooner had we started the small fire, that our neighbors didn't start wandering over to see the excitment. One neighbor even ran home to get their roasting sticks for us to use. (We were just using branches from our tree.) Other neighbor children starting roasting mallows in our fire. Sounds like great fun huh? Until..... we started hearing sirens. One neighbor lady joked, "Ah oh they're coming for you guys. Ha ha ha." We all chuckled and carried on. Then about 30 seconds later an ambulance flies around our corner and comes to a screeching halt next to our fire. "Ummmm..... hello?"
Then about 5 seconds later a big water truck, and about 5 seconds after that a huge ladder fire truck." YIKES!!! Okay, this is honestly a small marshmallow party. So I was a little scared.
What was going to happen, what fine would we pay, were we going to jail? But the firefighters were really nice and not angry. They just told us we needed to put out the fire asap. So we got the hose and said goodbye to kum ba ya.
The firefighter explained to us that the fire was not a big deal and really not a problem until a neighbor complains, which he said ours had. WHAT?! WHO?! He wouldn't disclose. But we spotted the suspicious, most likely guilty, culprits spying out their screen door. It was cute how they thought we couldn't see them. My neighbor had me pose with them. Look closely.
The worst part about the whole ordeal.... I didn't get a smore!!
Not to mention all the comotion scared Thatcher out of his sleep. :(
4 years ago

12 comments:
Now that is funny! I am glad that didnt happen to us when we had people over for smores! It would have been great entertainment though!!!
Okay so the pic of you thats kind of blurry...i clicked on it and when it maximized i notices those old people staring out their door! It looks soooo creepy!!!!!
That picture of the people looking through the window coupled with your story about the "culprits" had me laughing so hard...sorry you didn't get a smore, they sounded so tasty!
That's hilarious! We were a little worried that our neighbors might be upset when we bbq'd the pig in the backyard, but they didn't seem to mind.
hahaha scary!!! thatcher is gettin so big! he's soo cute!
Nice! Lame neighbors. Are you aloud to have a fire like that in the city? I like that you took a picture in front of the annoying neighbors house.
thats funny! to bad about the smores:( off topic, lets do sushi! What is thatcher up to? Vaughn is about crawling and head banging. Lets do dinner, I'll call ya. miss you guys, haha
Love the story...especially how you caught the snitches! So much for the smores party!
we totally have a neighbor like that! ahhh! good thing it wasn't a real fire, though. your boy sure is cute!
You guys are Funny! I wish we could see you guys more often. Thatcher is so cute!
Thanks Cass!
I look forward to seeing you guys this week-end.....I am in town Thursday late to Monday. So besides the wedding we should plan something else.......love hily
You should see the pile I have ready to burn out back. I better send out a notice before I light it. Funny story!
Hey its Emily Keele- so I have to admit, I have been looking at your blog for a while, but I just never commented?? Man, I guess we miss the whole fire episode, I would have liked to thrown some dirty looks at the grouch neighbors- (let me know what house and we will have to go and doorbell ditch them one night.. or maybe toilet paper???
Post a Comment