Sunday, September 09, 2007

Our First Home

We finally got the keys to our house on August 17th! We were very relieved to be over that huge headache. What a mess trying to find the right house and working with a realtor - we won't go into that! We are very happy with our house - it just needs some tender loving care. We haven't moved in yet because we are still trying to clean it up and make it liveable. Our first project was removing asbestos popcorn ceiling. Wow it was a mess and Paul worked very hard but we were very glad to see it go! We also ripped up carpet (orange shag in some rooms) and refinished beautiful oak wood floors underneath, which ran throughout the entire upstairs. We are thankful for Thomas for helping us with them and giving us direction. We are very happy with them. It's a lot of hard work but it is going to be amazing when we're done! We have never had our own place and we feel very blessed to have a house as nice as this!! I will post a second slide show of the inside remodel when it's done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Adam and I can't wait to see your home!! We're so glad your done searching :) we know how frustrating it is. Good luck with the remodel.. Andy and Kaite had to do the same thing. How are you feeling.. i'm huge as ever so I think I should just hibernate now:)

Spillane Creative said...

I cant want to see the inside! It seems like more often than not, you find beautiful floors underneath gross carpet. And all they need is tender loving care. Glad to hear the house buying process is over for you. Our house is still for sale. And we just dropped the price. What a headache also. Rent and a morgage!!!! love hil