I have been tagged several times but have never responded. I feel sort of guilty but mostly I'm bored so I thought I should answer. I made up my own tag - a combination of tags I have been challenged to complete. SO here it is...
1. Where Did You Meet Your Husband?
I met Paul at a BYU-Idaho opening social dance. His sister, Kiana was my best friend and roommate and she introduced us. I went to the dance with Kiana and Paul came too. He seemed nice and cute. I know I liked how tall he was!
2. What was the first thing you said to your husband?
Ummmm, not positive but probably "Hey, nice to meet you too."
3. Where was your first date?
Our first date was a big group date to Jackson Hole, Wyoming. I remember when Paul came to pick me up at my house (I was living at home) and my mom came inside to get me and said, "Your date is here and he’s very cute and real tall." (I think my family is a little obsessed with height) We went on a hike around Jenny's Lake, had a picnic, played in the waterfall, and then spent time downtown Jackson where we ate dinner at Billy's Burgers. Mmmmmmmm! It was super good.
4. Where was your first kiss?
Well, sort of funny story. I hope Paul isn't embarrassed but.... our first kiss was just after Thanksgiving. Paul had gone home to Texas for break. Somehow I rode home with him from Salt Lake to Rexburg. I guess I was visiting family in Salt Lake? I can't remember exactly. So we were riding along in Paul's white Bronco when he decided to bust a move. He leaned over, way over (bucket seats) for a kiss.
5. How long did you date?
We started dating in September 2003. Paul asked me to marry him on my birthday April 8th, 2004. We were engaged 5 months. During those five months Paul lived in San Jose California. He came back about a week before we got married. That was kind of crazy. We were married in the Idaho Falls Temple on August 14th, 2004, the best and happiest day of my life.
6. What were we doing 10 years ago?
Paul was living in San Antonio Texas and was a junior at Cole High School. He was playing baseball, basketball, and football. He was the captain of all three sports. Super impressive huh?! I was living in Rexburg, Idaho attending Madison Jr. High and was in the 9th grade. I was hanging out with girlfriends and thinking what my peers thought was important when it really wasn’t. I was playing the cello in the orchestra and was our school’s mascot, a bobcat. Crazy. I was also very concerned about getting strait As on my report card.
7. Things on our To-Do List Today?
Paul’s was to get up, go to work, come home, exercise, and just spend time with Thatcher & I. My list was to get out of bed, feed Thatcher, change diapers, play with Thatcher, laundry, clean house, go to WalMart, update blog, exercise, cook dinner, and hang out with my favorite boys, Paul & Thatch. Thatcher and I also went to the “Mom & Me” movie at the Jordan Commons with Ann Marie and her kids. The theatre is full of moms and little kids. We saw Penelope with Christina Ricci & Reese Witherspoon. It was a little wild but fun to get out and see a movie.
8. What would we do if we suddenly became billionaires?
The first thing I would do is head to the Ford dealership and buy myself a huge, loaded, four-door, charcoal colored, King Ranch pick-up. The very next thing would be to buy my dad a similar pick-up and the rest of my family members a car of their choosing! An automobile would definitely be my first purchase! Then I would buy a cabin in the mountains! I’m not sure what Paul has planned when we become billionaires … hmmm?
9. Places we have lived:
Paul has lived in Germany, Japan, Maryland, Hawaii, Colorado, Texas, El Salvador, Arizona, Idaho, and now Utah. I have lived in Idaho and Utah. Maybe you could count that I lived in Merida Mexico for 2 months?
10. Jobs we have had:
I worked at the Sno Shack on Main Street in Rexburg for I think 3 summers and then I worked as a nurse at Madison Memorial for four years. Now I work at the University of Utah as a Nurse Practitioner. Paul worked at PX Fish Market, Bill Miller’s Barbecue as a line chef, BYU-Idaho Hart Gym, Ivory Homes, and now for Kiewit Engineering.
11. Things people don’t know about us:
Our latest favorite movie is Dan in Real Life. We both want to go snowboarding this winter but are unsure how to get Thatcher down the mountain safely. Paul sometimes has conversations with me while he’s sleeping and I’m awake. Paul is the most amazing father and husband in the entire world.
4 years ago

2 comments:
I always wanted to go the "mom and me" movies when we lived in Salt Lake, but never seemed to make it. Looks like fun.
Wow, this was informative for even me!!
Post a Comment