Last month we went to Huntington Beach with Kiewit, Paul's work. Every year they have an annual meeting somewhere and they invite and pay for spouses and children to come along. It was a lot of fun and very nice to get away. Paul and I tried surfing, which was a lot of fun! The spouses event was a day at the Anaheim 300, a super fancy bowling alley. I didn't know that existed until we went there. They served fancy appetizers, food, and dessert. It was delicious. They also gave us a new pair of bowling socks and a Tommy Bahama watch. Very nice. I think Kiewit tries to keep the spouses happy since they require so many hours of work from their employees. It was really nice to get away and enjoy some great weather, mid-70s.
4 years ago

10 comments:
I am a little jealous. Okay that is a lie. I am TOTALLY jealous of your trip. I am sick and tired of this weather. Mmmm ..
I agree on the JEALOUSY front. That looks like a total blast! Thatch's first beach experience? SO fun! I'm wondering why grad school programs don't feel obligated to spoil the spouses of the students whose time they're hogging?! HA!
You can put my on the jealous list too. I am sooo ready for a trip. Looks like you had fun, cute pics!
Oh to the beach sounds so nice right now! I love Thatchers little Hawaiian shirts!
That was fun wasn't it! Especially fun to have you guys there to hang out with! I think we are already due for another? Now I see why you get a nice watch!
I love Huntington Beach! Glad you could get away and have some WARM fun!
Do you know how excited I would be IF I could run away to Mexico for a couple days. Just to remember the good days. HA. I would love to show my husband where I was for 2 months learning to be humble and to take cold showers. Tell me when and where!
How fun! Thatcher is so adorable. Madeline carries around the picture you sent everywhere.
A vacation well deserved indeed!!!Even Vaughn hasn't been to the beach.. we never made it at christmas time. Sad. Looks like you had a blast!!
What a nice company! I hope Brent can find a company like that someday...and that they treat the spouses too! So fun.
Post a Comment